Lets just say I was reallly...reallllly tired after Trans Rockies (so worth it BTW, it is an amazing event!)
The last several months in a nut shell
- Joined Crossfit in November to work on cutting down mileage and improving my times
- Ran Whidbey Island Marathon in hopes to qualify me for Boston, silly me thought it was flat when I signed up, I was soooooo very wrong. after much cursing I finished it in 3:52 and still managed to get 3rd in my age category!
- Ran my first 50 miler in May with my weekly running mileage reaching over 55km only 2 times! I never ran more then a total of 20km mid week and then did 1 typical long run on the weekend.
- Finished the 50 in 8:41 placing second overall (the leader beat me by 2 hours! She was crazy fast, rumor has it she was sponsored....maybe I made that rumor as I was convincing my body to finish the race....)
- Next stop a half marathon at Nike Womans in San Fran in October then 7 days later a marathon in Greenland!